According to the news sources, the prices of construction material in the open market have increased just after the federal government’s publicized about the construction incentive package. Construction mafia took advantage of it as they predicted that construction activities are going to increase in the country after the announcement.
The construction experts have assessed that the worth of construction of a 5-marla house will upsurge by PKR 400,000 to 500,000 due to an increase in price. The new prices of the construction materials are listed below:
- The price of Class A bricks has risen up to PKR 12,000 to PKR 13,000 per thousand bricks
- Bag of cement is now from PKR 500 to PKR 550
- A trolley of sand has risen from PKR 2,800 to PKR 3,300
- A trolley of gravel has risen from PKR 4,800 to PKR 5,500
- The amount of rebar is now from PKR 95,000 to PKR 116,000 per tonne
- The daily wages for craftsmen are now starting from PKR 1,400 to PKR 1,600, while the daily wage of laborers has risen to PKR 1,000.
- Rate of other things like plumbing, plaster, glass-work, and woodwork have also increased.